Subject: Re: X in 3.1 on Mobilepro 880
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/12/2006 05:12:18
On 12/11/06, Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp> wrote:
> From: "Andy Ruhl" <acruhl@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: X in 3.1 on Mobilepro 880
> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:07:27 -0700
>

> > Well, I'm a little embarassed, although I still don't understand why
> > this should be the fix:
>
> OK,It's another problem, outside your case.
>
> > I started X as root, and then rebooted, then started X as a user and it worked.
> > But every time I exit X, when I get back to the console the keyboard
> > doesn't work. It's better to reboot when exiting X, or have a network
> > connection waiting so I can log in and reboot it if I forget (mine is
> > always on my wireless network when it's on).
> > Otherwise, 3.1 is working fine so far.
>
> Thanx for your report. I'll check your problem on 3.1.

Actually, I spoke too soon.

I have 2 CF cards that I use, a 1 gig and a 2 gig.

I installed 3.1 "fresh" on the 1 gig and the above behavior is what I observed.

On the 2 gig, I started X as root and it worked, however when I
started as a user it still doesn't work like before. X tries to start,
I get the grey screen with the large X in the middle, but as soon as I
touch the keyboard or the screen it dies with a font or a keyboard
error. The 2 gig disk is the one I did an upgrade on using the install
kernel booted from the msdos area of the disk. So the upgrade may not
have worked. I'm going to try installing new on it to see if this
helps.

Thanks.

Andy