Subject: Re: Linux for Nec MobilePro 770/780/790
To: oski <oski2001@hotmail.com>
From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@mchsi.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/31/2006 23:16:23
oski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried linux-vr but is totally outdated and unsupported.
> Most of the original links are not active.
> I managed to install linux-vr following this link:
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/~kei/ml-archive/2800/2872.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCyaCE.exe%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
> Cheers
Oski,
  Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. So, do you have 16 or 48 megs
ram on your z50? If you have the upgrade, was it supported in vr-linux?
What was the last kernel that it worked with/does it work with recent
2.6.1x kernels? Anyway, thanks for any info oski or anyone else for that
matter, And thanks for letting us talk about the z50 since this is the
list for it and it's use under netbsd (though there is no linux list) so
that cross talk (well sort of) ends up here and I appreciate that since
this is a low traffic list and one of the few lists anywhere, if not the
only list for the z50, that oski and I are allowed to have a z50 related
conversation about linux and noone is complaining, thanks. I say this
because I think everyone realizes the *only REAL* o/s to run on it that
takes advantage of the hardware is netbsd. But I appreciate being able
to discuss other z50 technical matters here. Thanks guys.

as usual, ANY z50 talk is always invited and appreciated...

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx