Subject: Re: MP 780 - audio, Irda and USB on PCMCIA
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/25/2006 00:49:34
On 2006-08-24 imp@bsdimp.com wrote:
> In message: <e4412e540608220811j61766d21m6915805e9a8f3619@mail.gmail.com>
>             "elijah rutschman" <elijahr@gmail.com> writes:
> : Unfortunately, there aren't any 16-bit PCMCIA USB cards (although it would
> : be possible, I think manufacturers decided it would be a wasted effort).
>
> There's at least one 16-bit CF USB card.  Good luck finding it,
> however.  There's support for it in FreeBSD.

  Ratoc Systems makes the CFU1U (Cypress SL811HS chipset) that is an 8-bit
CF USB host controller.  I have an updated NetBSD driver, but the chip
does not support audio (isoc transfers can't work right).  The card is
expensive and the chip is buggy (meaning even slower than expected when
bugs are worked around).  I can finish the driver if anyone wants to use
it soon, but I would recommend staying away from it and get a hpcmips
system with ohci/uhci if you really want USB.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com