Subject: Re: MP 780 - audio, Irda and USB on PCMCIA
To: Bibok <bibok@tlen.pl>
From: Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/22/2006 08:02:00
--UExESr5xZTMxdOWv

>  It's my first mail to this community

Nice to hear from you.

>  I have a NEC Mobile Pro 780 with NetBSD 3.1 on board. It's running
> and works pretty good, but maybe can be better? I'm looking for short
> answer about running audio on it (probably:
> vraiu0 at vr4102ip0 addr 0x0b000160-017f
> audio0 at vraiu0: half duplex
> entries in kernel configuration should be enough - can anybody
> correct, if not?) and IrDA. I can't find any tip, how to use it.

Mariusz,

I was unable to get the built in audio of my MP 780 working; I assumed it to be
a driver shortcoming.  AFAIK, others have had the same difficulty.  I am no
NetBSD kernel expert, though, so if you get things up and running, I'd love to
hear how you did it.

Or were you planning on using an expansion device?

-Forest

--UExESr5xZTMxdOWv

--UExESr5xZTMxdOWv--