Subject: Re: Workpad Z50 RAM and Hardware Hackers
To: None <rbanffy@utopia.com.br>
From: None <djb_netbsd@charter.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/05/2006 07:15:15
>There are lots of companies like ... who make custom
>PCBs in low quantities.
>We could hire someone to build the PCBs and, maybe, even solder the
>components on them.

... If you can sill get those crazy self-refresh EDO DRAM chips.  Without self-refresh,
suspend mode won't work.

> ...possibilities of having more than 32 MB on the board.

16 MB on motherboard + Video RAM hole + 32 MB expansion = limit of VR4121
Anyone a VR4121 expert?

>I can't possibly be the only hardware hacker around with a Z50...

What happens to those broken Z50s I see on Ebay every now and then?

Anybody tried adding DRAM chips to the motherboard?
Pictures of motherboard here:
http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~lemieux/z50/
If you put DRAM chips on the two empty sites on the motherboard does the new
RAM interfere with the Video RAM?

djb