Subject: Re: installation on clio 1050
To: syamajala@gamebox.net <syamajala@gamebox.net>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/09/2006 14:56:36
On 2006-04-08 syamajala@gamebox.net wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to install netbsd 3 on a clio 1050. I have downloaded
> psdboot.exe and netbsd.gz and put them on a cf card. I then copied
> them to the clio and ran psdboot.exe Netbsd boots and everything, but
> during the installation it says it is unable to find a hard disk to
> install to. I tried formating the cf card with ufs in os x, but i
> always seem to get write errors. The card works fine in win ce and os
> x when formatted with fat32. When i run fdisk /dev/wd0 from the
> command line on the clio it says fdisk: /dev/wd0d: Device not
> configured.

  The 3.X and earlier kernels doesn't work on the 1050 (it will be
supported in 4.0, whenever that happens).  I make some netbsd-3-0 branch
kernels not too long ago:
http://www.city-net.com/~darkstar/netbsd/clio.gz (standard clio kernel)
http://www.city-net.com/~darkstar/netbsd/ramdisk.gz (install kernel)

> Another thing that I am worried about is space. The cf card is 32mb.
> I am basically looking for a system that will run emacs, slime,
> irssi, naim, and lynx. Is 32mb enough? Or should i upgrade to
> something bigger?

  It might be possible (I don't know how big those packages are), but
would at least need serious pruning of the standard distribution.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com