Subject: Re: Clio Patches...
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/29/2006 16:27:10
On 2006-03-28 tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp wrote:
> >   RTC_OFFSET and boot -d work, so bootinfo is being passed correctly.
>
> bootinfo is passed as a structure, so if some members were added
> at some point, some values (which had the same offset with old ones)
> could still be passed correctly, but others might not.
> i.e. it smells version mismatch. (or your kernel is stripped?)

  Bootinfo has not changed at all.  And I don't see how bootinfo is used
for symbols at all.  The kernel is not stripped.

> > can't find any version info in pbsdboot.exe, but I am fairly sure I
> > updated it when I installed a new system two years ago and the binary has
> > not changed in over four years.
>
> Well, you should mention where you got your binary from
> (or its size etc.) exactly, otherwise not all other people
> can reproduce or confirm it.

  The size is the same as the pbsdboot.exe in the 3.0 install directory.
I tried the hpcboot.exe in that directory with the C-1050 but it wouldn't
boot at all (framebuffer was 0).   I'll add this info to the PR.

> I'll commit only keymap changes in your diff since

  Thanks.  I built all the kernels from fresh source and booted GENERIC on
my C-1050 with pbsdboot.  I also verified that port-mips/26410 is
corrected.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com