Subject: Re: Clio Patches...
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/28/2006 21:32:31
In article <Pine.BSF.4.51.0603272128390.72758@vegeta.city-net.com>
darkstar@city-net.com wrote:

>   I found that revision 1.52 of GENERIC includes the comment by takemura:
> "Note: CLIO C-1000 is identical with SHARP Tripad PV6000."

Okay, then it had been approved by the portmaster.

>   RTC_OFFSET and boot -d work, so bootinfo is being passed correctly.

bootinfo is passed as a structure, so if some members were added
at some point, some values (which had the same offset with old ones)
could still be passed correctly, but others might not.
i.e. it smells version mismatch. (or your kernel is stripped?)

> can't find any version info in pbsdboot.exe, but I am fairly sure I
> updated it when I installed a new system two years ago and the binary has
> not changed in over four years.

Well, you should mention where you got your binary from
(or its size etc.) exactly, otherwise not all other people
can reproduce or confirm it.

> The config changes and keymap are the important ones.

Your keymap patch only contains diff against some map values,
but PR port-hpcmips/28383 also contains other changes
(bare function key?).
I'll commit only keymap changes in your diff since
such structure changes should be approved by some
responsible people of this port.
---
Izumi Tsutsui