Subject: Dillo on a Sharp HC 7000/dillo package from djb's site [2]: GdkRGB not supported
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Kwan <peterkwan@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/08/2006 10:02:27
--0-509178799-1141840947=:22607

While the dillo package can run on my Sharp HC 7000 by exporting display to Cygwin/X, i.e., using the X-server of Cygwin as per my earlier posting, it fails to display using the local X-server due to "GdkRGB not supported". Full warning/error message as follows:-

  Gdk-WARNING **: Visual type=static color depth=8, image bpp=8, lsb first
is not supported by GdkRGB. Please submit a bug report whith the above
values to bugzilla.gnome.org

  Apart from the content of the warning message, any hints on solving the problem will be much appreciated.

  Thanks.

  Peter KWAN
  Hong Kong SAR, PRC

Yahoo! Mail
--0-509178799-1141840947=:22607

<DIV>While the dillo package can run on my Sharp HC 7000 by exporting display to Cygwin/X, i.e., using the X-server of Cygwin as per my earlier posting, it fails to display using the local X-server due to "GdkRGB not supported". Full warning/error message&nbsp;as follows:-</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Gdk-WARNING **: Visual type=static color depth=8, image bpp=8, lsb first<BR>is not supported by GdkRGB. Please submit a bug report whith the above<BR>values to bugzilla.gnome.org</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Apart from the content of the warning message, any hints on solving the problem will be much appreciated.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Thanks.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Peter KWAN</DIV>  <DIV>Hong Kong SAR, PRC</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Mail<br>
Bring photos to life! <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com">New PhotoMail </a> makes sharing a breeze.

--0-509178799-1141840947=:22607--