Subject: Re: Firefox/Minimo (actually the gtk test app)
To: djb_netbsd@charter.net <djb_netbsd@charter.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/03/2006 05:16:38
On 3/2/06, djb_netbsd@charter.net <djb_netbsd@charter.net> wrote:
> Firefox has issues.  The gtk embed test app, TestGtkEmbed, crashes with
> a pthread assertion.  I can't tell if there is a problem with the Mozilla=
 code or something
> in hpcmips pthread stuff.
>
> The reason there is not much work being done with Firefox/Minimo on hpcmi=
ps is that
> it takes a really really long time to compile.

I offered to allow someone on this board to help fix minimo for mips
on my Cobalt. He tried, didn't succeed. It would still be cool to see
it working.

If someone thinks they have the skill to fix it, I could probably
provide a login to my Cobalt box. It's still slow, but much faster
than any hpcmips machine, probably. I build all my packages on it for
my hpcmips machine.

Andy