Subject: Getting CF drive write errors during install
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Regas <pdahandyman@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/24/2006 15:13:20
------=_Part_3299_7017913.1140822800794

Hey all,

I'm getting unfamiliar write errors and stall errors during the core instal=
of anything now. I know that CF card memory registers can "die". Is this
what's happening? FAT filesystems seem to handle. Why not the NetBSD fs? Do
I just need to format the card? If so, how do I do that? I don't have an
active Linux box from which to do that (video card died) and VMware is
spotty at best with card support.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

------=_Part_3299_7017913.1140822800794

Hey all,<br><br>I'm getting unfamiliar write errors and stall errors during=
 the core install of anything now. I know that CF card memory registers can=
 &quot;die&quot;. Is this what's happening? FAT filesystems seem to handle.=