Subject: MobilePro 780 installation
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: elijah rutschman <elijahr@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/24/2006 22:23:11
Hello all.  I am trying to install netBSD 2.0.2 onto a MobilePro 780.=20
The only network adapter I have is a Proxim Orinoco Silver PCMCIA,
which is not recognized, so network installation is not an option.

I have a 120 mb MSDOS partition on a CompactFlash card (its 1gb, the
rest is netBSD partition), which I load the installer from and also
have the precompiled sets and kernel-Generic on.  Unfortunately, I am
unable to mount the msdos filesystem from the installer, and cannot
access the sets or kernel-generic.  I have tried "mount -t msdos
/dev/wd0e /mnt2", but it says: "mount_msdos: /dev/wd0e on mnt2:
Invalid argument".

(wd0e is my msdos partition)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,