Subject: Re: MobilePro 800 without battery keeps suspending during install
To: ROC <roryoc@nc.rr.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/24/2006 14:55:35
On 2/24/06, ROC <roryoc@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I can't keep it on long enough to get installation of 3.0 started.  Each
> time I press the poweron button, it comes on long to show some messages
> about resuming, then suspending (too fast for me to catch it all ;-).
>
> Any ideas besides buying a battery?

If it was known what function in the kernel did that (I don't know,
I'm not as smart as I think), it would be nice to compile an install
kernel without it.

Mine does that sometimes, with the battery in, at weird intervals.
Don't know why. Sometimes it goes into screen saver mode in X at
random intervals too.

If someone knows that, I'd like to build a kernel without this
function (if it's possible) and try again.

Andy