Subject: Re: CF Microdrives 4-5-6GB
To: mayo's <oski2001@hotmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/27/2005 08:41:44
On 6/26/05, mayo's <oski2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
> =20
> Hi,=20
> Any experience or known restrictions in using this high capacity Microdri=
ves
> with NetBSD-hpcmips?=20
> I used up to 1 GB without problems, but seems to be restrictions on the
> format (should be fat 32 not fat 16), but I do not think this applies to
> NetBSD.=20
> Any comments will be appreciated.=20

Do you plan on using that drive as added on storage, or as a boot drive?

As far as I can tell, you can just format those things and use them as
you would any standard hard drive. The microsoft stuff only matters if
you plan on using the drive with something else. And yes, you would
have to use fat 32 to use the entire drive.

Andy