Subject: Embedded Konqueror + hpcmips?
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Taras Glek <taras.judge@shaw.ca>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/24/2005 17:46:02
Hi,
With the help of this list I have a decent install of netbsd on my
mobilepro, but no web browser. I tried compiling software on it, but
it's a little slow. Matchbox + all of the dependencies took about 8
hours to build. Obviously my next step will be setting NetBSD and a
cross compiler on my laptop.

However I did figure out how to compile embedded konqueror on Linux.
Here is a screenshot of it running via remote X on my mobilepro:
http://glek.net/~taras/konqe.jpg

That page uses a lot of javascript, css and tables and renders
perfectly. Konq/e also manages popups and multiple windows very well.
Judging from top, RAM usage is livable too.
Could a ports pro build a konq/e for hpcmips? At my speed, it will take
me a while, but it's a promising browser, so it's worth the effort.

Taras