Subject: Re: minimo
To: Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/02/2005 06:22:34
On Apr 1, 2005 11:31 PM, Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp> wrote:
> Hello Andy and all.
>
> Andy wrote:
> >some stuff wasn't getting resolved when I did ldd, so I added
> >/usr/local/firefox to the ld.so.conf but the result is the same.
>
> some stuff is resolved by setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
> run-mozilla.sh, so you may not add `/usr/local/firefox' to
> /etc/ld.so.conf :-)
>
> >(gdb) bt
> >#0  0x304704b8 in _PR_NativeRunThread () from ./libnspr4.so
> >warning: Warning: GDB can't find the start of the function at
> >0x10005480.
> >
> >I'm not super smart about this stuff so I really don't know what's
> >going on. Maybe related to threading?
>
> You know that I'm still using NeBSD-1.6.2/hpcmips, and this doesn't
> have native thread library. So I have installed pth-2.0.3.tar.gz(Gnu
> pthread library). I'm not sure, but this core dump may be related to
> threading that you said.
>
> Could you try this ?
>
>   # cd firefox_source/embedding/config/
>   # make
>   # cd ../../dist/Embed/
>   # ./run-mozilla.sh ./TestGtkEmbed
>
> If you are going into debugging mode, put `ac_add_options
> --enable-debug' in .mozconfig and rebuild minimo. after this, you can
> get more information when core dumped.
>
> Sorry I don't have good idea :-<

This is good info, thanks.

I had problems before after I upgraded to NetBSD 2.0 with some
packages that were still from 1.6.x that were built against a 3rd
party thread library. The fix was to rebuild all packages at 2.0.

Since I didn't build everything from "scratch" that you list on your
site, I really don't know what state these packages are in (I built
everything from pkgsrc). I'm going to rebuild and try again.

Andy