Subject: Re: minimo
To: None <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/01/2005 23:08:33
Hello Andy.

From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 04:21:35 -0700

acruhl> Ok, I may have made a mistake here. I didn't do this part:
acruhl>
acruhl> Dummy setlocale
acruhl>
acruhl>     * cc -fPIC -shared -o dmysetlocale.so dmysetlocale.c
acruhl>     * cp dmysetlocale.so /usr/local/lib/
acruhl>     * LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/dmysetlocale.so; export LD_PRELOAD
acruhl>     * CHARSET=EUC-JP; export CHARSET
acruhl>
acruhl> I figured I didn't need to since I'm using the standard locale setup.
acruhl> Is this the case?

In my case, I had to need `Dummy setlocale' to use japanese input
method. If you don't need to use any input method, you don't need
`Dummy setlocale' too.

acruhl> # /usr/local/firefox/run-mozilla.sh /usr/local/firefox/TestGtkEmbed
acruhl> Shared object "libX11.so.6" not found
acruhl>
acruhl> And I must be going crazy, because last night all I did was add this
acruhl> line to /etc/ld.so.conf:
acruhl>
acruhl> /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6

I think that you should add `/usr/X11R6/lib' to /etc/ld.so.conf.
`/libX11.so.6' part should not be needed in the line you added ?

My /etc/ld.so.conf is this:

-- CUT HERER --
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/netpbm/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
-- CUT HERER --

acruhl> # /usr/local/firefox/run-mozilla.sh /usr/local/firefox/TestGtkEmbed
acruhl> Shared object "libX11.so.6" not found
acruhl>
acruhl> I must be going crazy....

Could you show me your result of `cat /etc/ld.so.conf' and
`ldd /usr/local/firefox/TestGtkEmbed' ?

--
Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>