Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 installation woes
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/19/2005 06:34:00
Kelly,

   I've already done/tried everything that you mentioned.  For network
connectivity I used an Edimax-based 10baseT card.  I had no problems
configuring the card (I kicked off an FTP based install from the MobilePro
using one of the Internet ftp servers; NFS based attempts used a local
i386 NetBSD NFS server).  To rule out networking issues I've gone to a
local-storage based installation procedure (binary/sets on a CF in a
PCMCIA adapter).  My target medium is a 512MB Sandisk CF card.

In all cases I'm able to get the installs kicked off OK (though sometimes
after failures I have to newfs the target NetBSD fs using an i386 NetBSD
system).  Typically the installation is aborted (and the system is kicked
into the debugger) while newfs is running or while the base set is being
installed.

Haven't you ever seen any "ISA IRQ 3 -> vrgiu0" or "panic: TLB out of
universe" messages pop up during your installation attempts?

Frustration is the key sentiment at this time.  The only things I can
think of at the moment are to try to install 1.6.1 and/or to try to
install the base system on another CF card.

Any other ideas or words or wisdom would be appreciated.

cheers,

jurrie