Subject: Re: trouble installing NetBSD 2.0 on NEC MobilePro 780
To: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/09/2005 07:44:20
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:26:52 -0600, Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com> wrote:
> A newbie question:
>
>  I have NetBSD 2.0 Release for x86 running on a PC for cross-compiling.
> How do I apply the patch? (Another task I've never done.)

There is a patch command. If you read the security notices from the
main www.netbsd.org site, there is info on how to use it. Also man
patch

If you have your (correct) sources in place, you just run:

patch < patch_file

But you don't want to patch a 2.0 release system with a patch intended
for current. Unless you go into the file in each branch and find out
they are the same, and all the dependencies that the patch
changes/doesn't change are the same. Generally you want to be on the
same source level.

I'm thinking about running current on my Mobilepro but I haven't
researched it yet.