Subject: Re: MobilePro 780 WiFi recommendations?
To: Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/07/2005 15:15:49
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:27:00 -0600, Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org> wrote:
> The current hpcmips man page for the wi driver lists the suppported cards
> (see below).  Is this list accurate (i.e. have they been tested)?  If
> anyone has any particular cards to recommend (ideally those that will also
> run with WinCE - just in case) I'm sure there are many that would love to
> hear it.
>
> ------ %< cut >% ------
>
> Cards supported by the wi driver include:
>
>            Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE 2.0Mb Bronze
>            Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE 2.0Mb Silver
>            Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo
>            Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo 11Mbps
>            Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-PCM-L11, WLI-PCM-L11G
>            Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-CF-S11G
>            Compaq WL100 11Mbps Wireless
>            Corega Wireless LAN PCC-11, PCCA_11, PCCB_11
>            DEC/Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 DS High Rate
>            D-Link DWL-520 11Mbps PCI Card
>            D-Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, DCF-650W CF Card
>            ELECOM Air@Hawk LD-WL11
>            ELSA AirLancer MC-11
>            Ericsson Wireless LAN
>            Farallon Skyline 11Mbps Wireless
>            Intel PRO/Wireless 2011 LAN PC Card
>            ICOM SL-1100
>            IO-DATA WN-B11/PCM
>            Intersil PRISM Mini-PCI
>            Linksys Group, Inc. Instant Wireless Network PC Card, CF Card
>            Linksys Group, Inc. Instant Wireless Network WMP11 PCI Card
>            NCR WaveLAN/IEEE
>            NEC Wireless Card CMZ-RT-WP, PK-WL001, PC-WL/11C
>            PLANEX GeoWave/GW-NS110
>            Symbol Spectrum24 Wireless Networker PC Card, CF Card
>            TDK LAK-CD011WL

> thanks,
>
> jurrie

I'm not sure I care if it works with WinCE, but it would be nice to
know which one draws the least power. I think this is all included in
the specs for the cards, but some of the specs are hard to find. I've
found that most wireless cards, including CF cards, are around 250ma
which is pretty high. My Mobilepro 880 doesn't last long with a wired
10baseT card as it is.

Andy