Subject: Re: Workpad z50, port-hpcmips/26158, etc. (Was: Re: trouble
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/05/2005 22:20:06
On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 02:54, Matthew Orgass wrote:
> On 2005-01-04 matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 23:56, Matt Dainty wrote:
> > >
> > > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 0 not configured
> > > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 1 not configured
> >
> > Just rechecked the dmesg from the RAMDISK kernel, bit more context might
> > make more sense:
> >
> > pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0x70000-0x73fff irq 589827
> > pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
> > pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
> > pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
> > pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
> > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 0 not configured
> > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 1 not configured
> >
> > >From the GENERIC kernel, I just get:
> >
> > pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0x70000-0x73fff irq 589827
> > pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
> > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 0 not configured
> > pcmcia at pcic0 controller 1 socket 1 not configured
> >
> > Both same sources.
>
>   This is strange.  Does this only happen with the patch? If so, does
> contoller 1 appear at all without the patch? Does it happen with 2.0 also?

Okay, excusing for now the two pcic0 controllers/four sockets which
strikes me as odd, (should there really be two?), given that finding two
seems to provide a working system...

NetBSD 2.0 RAMDISK & GENERIC both find two controllers.

NetBSD current (2.99.12) RAMDISK (with interrupt patch), finds two
controllers.

NetBSD current (2.99.12) GENERIC (with or without interrupt patch), only
finds second of two controllers.

All the time I'm booting from the same CF card. Only thing I'm so far
certain of is that patch means the miniroot installer works.

If kernel size makes a difference, I'll try and pare down the GENERIC
config to just what is required for the Workpad and see if that makes a
difference.

Matt