Subject: Mobilepro 800 vs. 880 and some questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/16/2004 07:00:08
Sorry if this has already been covered. I went through the archives
but didn't find specific answers to any of this. I apologize if I
missed something.

I'm looking for a HPC device to generally play with. It needs to run X
so I can play some games, possibly use a graphical browser, etc. And
I'd like to use a large CF card to store data or put the NetBSD
filesystems. I'd like to use a wireless ethernet adapter for my house
and when I go somewhere with a hotspot. I want it to boot and run
reliably.

Is there any specific advantage to getting the 880 over the 800 other
than CPU power?

Also, if I install NetBSD, what is involved in recovering the CE
operating system? I read about a hard reset button that supposedly
will re-install the base system. Will this still work after installing
NetBSD?

I've never used one of these handheld devices, any advice would be appreciated.

Andy