Subject: Re: Sharp Mobilon HC-4600 expansion?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/21/2004 23:32:46
>>>>> "blfc" == Bruno Lopes F Cabral <bruno@openline.com.br> writes:

  blfc> hook at same time an CF card and a network card

If you have only one slot and want to use it for network, you can:

 1. insert CF

 2. copy hpcboot.exe and hpcboot.ini off the CF into \My Documents

 3. check some option to make hpcboot pause right before it jumps to
    the kernel.  I forget the name, but it's there.

 4. open \My Documents\hpcboot.exe and load the kernel.  The progress
    bar completes as hpcboot loads the kernel off the CF.  The kernel
    can be in an FFS partition if you like.

 5. hpcboot pauses.  now, remove the CF card and insert the network
    card.

 6. press OK to start the kernel.

then you can use NFSroot.

You can also use wireless, but I don't know if it's possible to do
wireless NFSroot or not.  you might need to put an md image in your
kernel instead.

I don't know if this works all the time or if it still works, but it
worked for me in a MobilePro 800 so I could make the thing into an
access point.

--
Le fascisme est la dictature ouverte de la bourgeoisie.
		-- Georg Dimitrov