Subject: Cross compiling
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Underwood <tim@underwoodfamily.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/20/2004 06:23:03
Does anyone have information on how to get Linux to X-compile for
netbsd-hpcmips?

I've tried again to load netbsd on my laptop, and while the first boot
works fine, successive boots wind up in debug-land.  Also appears the
kernel doesn't have PCMCIA Cross Bridge support, so I can't put a
network card in.  Seems to be a big waste of time to get netbsd to run
on this laptop for cross-compile purposes only, when Linux runs fine on
it.

It would appear logical that if I install all the netbsd headers,
libraries, etc. into a ~/netbsd structure, and configure and compile
against that, that, setting the target to be hpcmips, I should be able
to get binaries.

However, I don't know if netbsd uses the ELF format binary.

Any hints or tips here?