Subject: Re: root
To: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
From: Marco <bigfoot29@beiuns.ath.cx>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/12/2004 13:55:39
Whenever I install it, I create an large / partition.. with this "little"
space of 1 GB you will automatically run into trouble if you set / too
small and an programm does not install itself in an desired folder...
I prefer the following "partitions":
Swap: more than 20 MB should be enough - max 10% of memory.
boot: 10 MB are enough - here is only the kernel with its 1-3 MB
/: the rest... you are most flexible with the other directorys. if an new
prog does not fit, delete some files in your home directory :)
for an System with limited resources an better way than the security that
you MAY have by several partitions...

Regards, Bigfoot29