Subject: Confused by the install process
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Dennis <dennisjscott@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/11/2004 23:46:02
I have been at this much longer than I care to admit,
and have decided to call for help.  I am very confused
by the install process.

I have a mobile pro 780 a 2.2gig cf card another
128meg cf with pc card adapter, and a widows machine
to to the pc connect with.

So I have tried a number of ways to go about this
install and none of them have given me any sort of
success.

First I tried the 2 cf card attempt. with the 128
being wd1 and 2.2gig being wd0.  I run the hpcboot
from the wd1 and select to boot from netbsd.gz select
nec mobilepro 780 from dropdown and hit boot.

half way through it gives me the message"
"no symbol and/or string table in binary. (not fatal)"

hit ok

boots and get the choice menu

choose install netbsd to hard disk

choose to install to wd0 choose base plus x

use whole disk, default partions

disk named mydisk

failed: command failed
newfs /dev/rwd0a
newfs:/dev/rwd0a: open for read: device not configured

boots me to main menu for choices.

Any help welcome
very confusing