Subject: RE: device setup
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2004 12:00:57
Many thanks to everyone who answered so quickly - your reference to the
GENERIC kernel is what prompted me to find out what was causing the
problem.  Basically I was using the old trackpoint kernel
(http://www.netbsd.org/%7Egreg/hpcmips/) which seems to not fully
support my the xircom card.  I swapped to using the GENERIC kernel and
it finds it perfectly (as xi0) - just for info it also supports the
Toshiba wirless lan pc card pa3064u-1pcc gold

Another interesting aspect of this kernel change is that gregs
trackpoint kernel did not allow the z50 to fully reboot - and I had to
hard reboot each time (ie physically take the batteries out etc etc) so
this is a very convenient bonus for me!!!

Many thanks guys

steve
Steve Dobson                                  Tel:   +44 01904 433953
Experimental Officer                          Fax:   +44 01904 433902
Department of Archaeology                     Email: sd20@york.ac.uk
The King's Manor
University of York
York, YO1 7EP, UK