Subject: Re[5]: NetBSD 1.6.2 on JVC InterLink MP-C303, german version: MP-C33
To: port-hpcmips En <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: ultra sparc <ultrasparc@gmx.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/19/2004 19:57:18
Hello!

I am an experienced programmer. I like to have an other OS than the built in
WinCE on the MP-C33, too. I tried to install NetBSD on the MP-C33 without
luck some months ago, too.
In some weeks, when I have more time, I will try again to install a
operating system other than WinCE on the MP-C33. I will try to install ROME.
ROME is a open source multimedia OS for several processors:
http://rome.sourceforge.net
The author of ROME had ROME running on a NEC-VR processor. The VR4122 in the
MP-C33 is a NEC-VR, too.
To be able to install a new OS a JTAG-port would be very helpful. A
JTAG-port is a port for debugging and Flash-reprogramming. Someone found the
JTAG-pins of the Compaq iPaq:
http://openwince.sourceforge.net/jtag/iPAQ-3600
So there are chances that the JTAG-pins can be found on the PCB of the
MP-C33. Without a JTAG-port it will be much more difficult to install a new
OS.

greetings,
mips