Subject: Re: Compaq 2010C serial port
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Alexander Frolkin <avf@ox.compsoc.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/10/2004 21:42:38
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 02:53:55PM +0100, Alexander Frolkin wrote:
> I actually managed to get it to work once, for a very brief period of
> time. I'm not entirely sure what I did, and I haven't been able to
> reproduce it. Initially, I could ping the Compaq, but after that the
> connection seemed to have died.

I've just noticed that PPP under Windows doesn't seem to work too
well. Every so often it loses the connection, saying ``Cannon start
communications with the desktop computer. The computer is not
available or busy and currently cannon accept connections.''

I've tried connecting it to two different machines (one with user-ppp
on OpenBSD and one with user-ppp and pppd on FreeBSD), and the result
is the same.

I'm starting to wonder if this could be down to a hardware problem with
my Compaq.

Thanks,

Alex

--