Subject: Re: Dhclient
To: HpcMIPS <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mikel Waxler <waxor@waxor.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/17/2004 09:49:31
Thanks Sean for the shell script, that should work fine.

I need new leases for a couple reason. When I move the laptop around I
frequently change between wired and wireless adapter. Also sometimes I
need to change wifi networks, which requires a new IP.

Mostly I need new ips for testing my home wireless base station, which
I made out of a space PCI->PCMCIA card and the hostap linux driver.

-Mikel

On Mon, 17 May 2004, David Burren wrote:

> On May 16, 2004, at 10:08 PM, Mikel Waxler wrote:
>
> > Speaking of dhclient, is there a way to make it behave a little
> > nicer?  I dont see a flag documented for refreshing the lease,
> > which is necessary a lot. I always have to ps for the pid and
> > then kill it.
>
> 1. What's wrong with using dhclient's -pf option?
>
> 2. Surely you can use omshell to ask dhclient to refresh a lease?
>
> 3. Dhclient should automatically refresh a current lease based on
>    the expiration time issued by the server.
>    Why do you need to artificially refresh it?
>
> Cheers
> __
> David B.

-Mikel