Subject: Re: networking question
To: Mikel Waxler <waxor@waxor.com>
From: Rick Soth <sothtrust@comcast.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/11/2004 08:37:55
--=====================_378795453==.ALT

Mikel,

Thanks for the guidance.  I changed to 100baseTX and it came to life.
Thanks so much.

Rick

btw: do I send replies back to port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org or to your email
directly? I'm new to all this.

At 11:13 AM 5/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Those cards have trouble with auto sencing. What you need to do is tell
>the card whether you have a 10 or 100 base link. I have not used mine in a
>while but it should be:
>
>ifconfig xi0 media 100baseTX
>or
>ifconfig xi0 media 10baseT
>
>then dhclient should work. Hope that helps.
>
>-Mikel
>

>On Tue, 11 May 2004, Rick Soth wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed a basic 1.6.2 on my Mobilepro 780 consisting of the
> > generic kernel, base, and etc only. Can't seem to add more with only 256 CF
> > card. Anyway, trying to get my Xircom CreditCard NIC to work, and am having
> > trouble.
> >
> > When I run dmesg the card is "seen", but I'm a bit concerned as it
> > indicates IRQ 3 on the screen and I read that it wants IRQ, and I don't see
> > how to fix this?
> >
> > Using ifconfig I have played with setting ip, gateway, etc. information. I
> > try running dhclient, and that doesn't do anything even through I'm
> > connected to my DHCP home network/cable modem (belkin) product correctly I
> > think.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong, other than never having tried anything like this
> > before. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Rick Soth
> >

>-Mikel

--=====================_378795453==.ALT

Thanks for the guidance.&nbsp; I changed to 100baseTX and it came to
life. Thanks so much.<br><br>
Rick<br>
&nbsp;<br>
btw: do I send replies back to port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org or to your email
directly? I'm new to all this.<br><br>
At 11:13 AM 5/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:<br>
sencing. What you need to do is tell<br>
the card whether you have a 10 or 100 base link. I have not used mine in
a<br>
while but it should be:<br><br>
ifconfig xi0 media 100baseTX<br>
or<br>
ifconfig xi0 media 10baseT<br><br>
then dhclient should work. Hope that helps.<br><br>
-Mikel<br><br>
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Rick Soth wrote:<br><br>
&gt; Hello,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have installed a basic 1.6.2 on my Mobilepro 780 consisting of
the<br>
&gt; generic kernel, base, and etc only. Can't seem to add more with only
256 CF<br>
&gt; card. Anyway, trying to get my Xircom CreditCard NIC to work, and am
having<br>
&gt; trouble.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; When I run dmesg the card is &quot;seen&quot;, but I'm a bit
concerned as it<br>
&gt; indicates IRQ 3 on the screen and I read that it wants IRQ, and I
don't see<br>
&gt; how to fix this?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Using ifconfig I have played with setting ip, gateway, etc.
information. I<br>
&gt; try running dhclient, and that doesn't do anything even through
I'm<br>
&gt; connected to my DHCP home network/cable modem (belkin) product
correctly I<br>
&gt; think.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; What am I doing wrong, other than never having tried anything like
this<br>
&gt; before. Any help would be appreciated.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Rick Soth<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br><br>