Subject: Re: Mobile Pro + NetBSD as a commandline PDA?
To: None <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/29/2004 16:42:00
In message: <40915C5B.8090205@hellooperator.net>
            Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> writes:
: Miles Nordin wrote:
: >>>>>>"fc" == Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:
: >
: >     fc> as a PDA. How good is battery life, suspend/resume support and
: >     fc> overall robustness with the Mobile Pro?
: >
: > battery life is 1.5 hours with screen at max brightness, no more than
: > 3 at the dimmest setting.  oh yeah, and you can only change the
: > brightness in WinCE.
: >
: > There is no suspend/resume.  Someone put in this whole i386-based APM
: > emulation spaghetti monstrosity, which will suspend _the cpu only_.
: > It was surely a neat exercise for learning how to suspend a VR-series
: > MIPS, but it doesn't turn off the screen backlight, doesn't power down
: > PC cards,
:
: The power button does though. Other than that, this is definitely in the
: top 3 funniest rants I've read today :)
:
: I've got a Zaurus now. They suck too, of course, but are a bit smaller
: (and don't give me random electric shocks like my mp800 did - nice).

My mp780's backlight goes out and other power things are shut down.
The suspend/resume stuff is very model specific.  You are right that
it doesn't put things into the lowest CPU mode, but that requires new
ROMs...

Warner