Subject: Re: OT: Unix PDAs
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/29/2004 15:53:46
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Dick Davies wrote:

[snip]

> If the OP hasn't run off to buy a Palm yet, they might want to
> try the ibm z50 stinkpads - although they have all the aesthetic
> appeal of a wet loaf of bread, they do have stupidly long battery
> lives (possibly due to their internal fission reactors)...

hey! it's the *keyboard* - great for typing and comfortable to these poor
'ol hands!

and the Z50 is the only BSD notebook i'm aware of that can run for 3-4
hours or more off of AA batteries! (the AA dry cell adapter is a nice
add-on [comes in the box] when one purchases the dual-LiIon battery)...

> I think they have half decent suspend/resume too ?

yep... suspend/resume works FB (as long as you suspend/resume while in
console mode, *not* X)... just woke up my Z50 from a four-month sleep last
week...