Subject: Mobile Pro + NetBSD as a commandline PDA?
To: NetBSD port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/29/2004 20:01:04
Curious question to Mobile Pro users here: Is NetBSD on that hardware
a viable PDA solution for daily life?

I am not talking of userland software, but the NEC hardware in
combination with the NetBSD kernel.  What I am looking for is a portable
device allowing me to manage appointments and contacts just with
"remind" and "abook" on the commandline (instead of the pen-driven GUI
PIM solutions on PalmOS and Zaurus/Opie I got fed up and frustrated
with).

I am already a happy owner of a z50 with NetBSD, but that machine of
course is too bulky to be carried around as a PDA. How good is battery
life, suspend/resume support and overall robustness with the Mobile Pro?

-F

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/