Subject: hpcmips packages
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/02/2003 15:11:56
I've been reading the online documentation regarding cross compiling and
Michael Lucas' "Palmtop NetBSD" article at:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/06/05/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

I haven't found any documentation that specifically addresses cross compiling
packages.  (I'm not a programmer; so it's possible that I've been staring at
it without knowing it.)  Is the technique the same as compiling the kernel?
In other words,  would the following work:

1. cd /usr/src
2. ./build.sh  -m hpcmips  -D /usr/hpcmips-distro  -T /usr/hpcmips-tools
3. cd to the application's pkgsrc directory
4. /usr/hpcmips-tools/nbmake-hpcmips package

The pkgsrc directory is for i386 pkgsrc.  Is this a problem?

On a separate note, I tried step 2 without the -D option to build the tools,
but I got an error message about needing a directory other than root.  Did I
miss something?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould