Subject: Mobilepro 780 questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/12/2003 23:20:07
I'm considering purchasing a Mobilepro 780 on eBay and having NetBSD on it;
but have some questions:

1.  Is the modem functional in NetBSD?

2.  How much memory does the basic installation of the hpcmips port need?  In
other words, can I expect to have enough room for a reasonable number of
applications?

3.  Does hpcmips support virtual terminals, or will I need to install X Window
to run multiple applications that require user interaction.

4.  How do others use NetBSD on Mobilepro 7*?

5.  Are there any consultants that I could hire to install NetBSD for me?

I'm envisioning running the following:
     mutt & msmtp  (Is msmtp available for NetBSD?)
     w3m
     lynx + ssl
     fetchmail
     ssh
     vi
     mc
     X Window
     xfce
     vnc
     Linksys wireless pcmcia card
     A pcmcia modem, if needed
     a memory card (Does anyone know the max capacity for Mobilepro 780?)

Does this seem reasonable?

(I was on this list a while back with a Mobilepro 880 that I considered
converting; but I gave it to my stepson went to college.)

Thanks,

Andrew Gould