Subject: Re: wireless card kernel config?
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: David Krause <netbsd@davidkrause.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/11/2003 21:25:45
* M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> [030910 10:35]:
> In message: <20030910142707.GA3566@localhost>
>             Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> writes:
> : So unless D-Link now makes another card, that is also called
> : "DWL-650" but is a completely different beast, the card should work
> : ok in the z50.
>
> There are 4 versions of the DWL-650 (not counting the H version which
> is high power or the + version).  v1 .. v3 are Prism based.  v4 is
> broadcom based.  I've heard rumors of a CardBus version that isn't
> based on the TI chipset.

There is definitely a DWL-650 that is CardBus.  I have one that I bought
online based on the numerous reports that it worked fine.  Unfortunately
I didn't know that they switched to a totally different chipset and bus
without changing the model number or even adding an extra digit,
character, or something else to denote the difference.  This is really
poor behavior by a hardware vendor.

David