Subject: Re: IBM z50 First Boot
To: Benjamin Rutledge <benrutl@bellsouth.net>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/05/2003 10:14:17
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Benjamin Rutledge wrote:

> -        IBM z50 (VR4121 processor)
>
> -        Lexar 256MB 4x CompactFlash card (Installation packages downloaded
> on my IBM ThinkPad 600X and put on the CF card by a USB CF/SD reader)
>
> -        20GB IBM Travelstar HardDisk in a Disaster Recovery for Notebooks
> enclosure with a DNBoy PCMCIA adapter
>
> No one seems to be using this setup.  I want to use the HDD for my NetBSD
> drive and the CF slot for a Linksys WCF12 802.11b adapter.

- there may be a reason no one is using this setup, as it won't work? i
wasn't aware the WCF12 works on the z50 w/NetBSD (if it does, please
correct me)...

- i'd format the Lexar, prep with a VFAT partition, put pbsdboot and an
install kernel on it, put the install packages on the 20GB unit, boot to
an install off the Lexar, use the 20GB to do the install onto the Lexar...
assuming the DNBoy (???) is supported, you can mount/umount the 20GB as
needed, and if the WiFi card is supported, use it in a PCMCIA adapter?...

- dunno if this helps?