Subject: Re: IBM Workpad z50 Vertical Bars Problem
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/10/2003 21:04:18
Am Montag, 09. Juni 2003 um 02:48:47 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Siva Arumugam:
> I haven't had a vertical bars problem in quite a
> while. I used to be sure (!) that it's because I
> always "sync".

Hi, I probably was the one who first report "sync" as a workaround for
the problem. It turns out, at least on my z50, that this
increases the probability to resume the unit into a working state, but
doesn't solve the issue as such. Now, I get about 10% bad resumes with
vertical bars.

- So I guess it's a problem with files being open/written during the
suspend cycle?

-F

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/