Subject: hpcmips and cobalt Package Compat & Docs
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/05/2003 16:40:40
I would like some clarification on the "almost compatible" statements
about packages for cobalt relative to hpcmips. So, exactly how
compatible are the packages? I am going to start building all of the
packages I find useful and keeping them updated with the latest
versions. They will be available on a web site of mine at some point.
Can I use one of my RaQ 2's to build packages that will work for
hpcmips or do I need to use one of my hpcmips machines?

 From what I can tell and infer from the limited mention in
documentation, both the cobalt and hpcmips ports are mipsel (mips
little endian). Is this correct? What are the differences between
packages for cobalt and hpcmips for example. It would be nice to
clarify the documentation on just how compatible different packages are
for different mipsel architectures.

The documentation also needs to be updated with current cross build
instructions since things have changed a whole bunch since it was
written. Anyone else working on this?

Bryan