Subject: Re: PIM applications
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/05/2003 12:28:08
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:11:05PM -0400, David wrote:

> The programs that I'm intending to build only require SQLite and GTK2.

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't GTK require X11?

> Also I'm going to attempt to compile Matchbox since it's a WM designed
> for handheld devices. At the moment I'm just building the packages for
> netBSD/i386 and then will attempt the cross compile.

Another way to go, would be to forgo X11 completely and use something like
SVGALib to draw on the console. Don't know if SVGALib (or something similar)
is available for NetBSD but Im playing with the source to see if I can build it.

There is a version of the links web browser that uses SVGALib to display
graphical web pages directly on the console buffer - if I could have this I
would be a very happy man ;-)

--
.jA
repoleveD \ .nimdA smetsyS