Subject: Re: More Mobilepro Questions - Success
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/02/2003 12:22:35
On 02.04.03, 10:53:20, Steve Edwards wrote:

> One quick question, just how long can I expect a compact flash card to last? I
> know they have a limited write capacity and having a swap file must use these up
> quickly...

I really can't answer that, but some notes: Always mount local file
systems with the options "noatime, nodevmtime" to reduce write
load.  Also, since you have network connectivity, you might consider
using nfs-mounted swap instead of swap space on the local CF card.
If you are using Wireless networking with IPSec, however, note that
nfs over ipsec is seriously broken in 1.6, see kern/18924.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Where do you want to have the power to serve, tomorrow?
		-- Tom Harvey