Subject: Re: More Mobilepro Questions - Success
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Edwards?= <edwards_sj@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/02/2003 10:53:20
I've finally got X working on my Mobilepro 800!

In the end I went for a bigger compact flash card, 256mb is fine...

I ran the install, typed "startx" and pressed enter, up popped an x session :-)

The best thing is, I can also use XDCMP on the server and use the mobile pro as
an x terminal.

X -broadcast worked for me...

So I can now run opera, pine, etc that are stored on the server...

Web browsing using opera this was is really quick. Much, much, faster than pocket
ie...

One quick question, just how long can I expect a compact flash card to last? I
know they have a limited write capacity and having a swap file must use these up
quickly...

Cheers

Steve

Yahoo! Plus