Subject: Re: Installation Help
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/27/2003 08:16:13
Miles Nordin wrote:
> However, it is only a distraction.  There is no real battery meter in
> this hardware.  For example, unplugging the power supply and plugging
> it back in will cause the meter to change from 50% to 80%, and the
> percentages don't have much to do with how much battery you have
> remaining.

just curious: is it still an indication of whether you have "a lot" of
battery or "a little"? my nokia cell phone for example sometimes dies at
50% and sometimes can run for hours on 0%, and if you plug in the
charger for just two seconds it immediately goes to 100%, but i still
find it useful in a way. after all it's always showing less and less
over time when the charger is not plugged in and more and more when it
is, so it's not completely random... ;-)

	/matt