Subject: Re: Installation Help
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Edwards?= <edwards_sj@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/26/2003 17:15:34
 --- Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu> wrote:

> ...I have a z50 with the LCD suspend feature
> and my battery will last for a long time, maybe 6 hours continuous use
> before I feel that I should recharge...

Yes, but it's the lack of the suspend feature which is the problem on my
machine...

I can't turn it on and off.

You need to...

1) press the soft reset button.
2) wait for windows ce to start up and then go through it's initial startup
routine including screen calibration.
3) run the hpcboot from the compact flash.
4) wait for netBSD to boot.
5) run what ever I wanted to...
6) shutdown -p now
7) wait for machine to go off.

It takes ages!

Whereas I can switch on windows ce, invoke a telnet client and run pine in about
5 seconds...

I think perhaps I'm just using the wrong machine :-(

Cheers

Steve