Subject: Re: Installation Help
To: Steve Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jeff Bolle <email@example.com>
Date: 02/24/2003 12:17:29
How are you trying to install NetBSD? Are you doing it over ftp/nfs or
have you downloaded the sets to the CF that you are attempting to
install NetBSD on? I found the procedure to be rather straighforward.
1. partition CF card to have a small (~7MB) partition for Dos/WinCE and
leave the rest for netbsd.
2. Download the hpcboot.exe and install kernel to the dos partition of
the CF card.
3. Boot to netbsd install kernel using hpcboot.exe
4. Go through installation using FTP or NFS to install the distribution
5. Enjoy massive portability and a sweet little platform in your netbsd
For step 4 I have the distribution sets downloaded into another computer
on the lan locally which makes installing and re-installing very fast.
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 05:35, Steve Edwards wrote:
> Hello, all...
> Sorry if this is available in a FAQ or something but could anyone answer a couple
> of questions for me?
> I'm trying to install the port on an Easymate 800 (rebadged NEC mobilepro 800)
> with a 128 meg compact flash card.
> Is it possible to use the sysinst tool? I keep running out of space no matter
> which parts I choose to install (I dropped everything except base).
> If you can't use this tool, are there any good instructions anywhere on how to do
> it manually?
> Thanks for your time
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Everything you'll ever need on one web page
> from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
Jeff Bolle <firstname.lastname@example.org>