Subject: Re: selecting a portable platform for netbsd
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2003 18:53:09
On 21.02.03, 17:02:28, nagy andras istvan wrote:
> And it's 206 Mhz, so faster than the MobilePros, and also has a USB port

And exactly when has MHz ever been a measurement unit for computer
speed?

this isn't even true within the same architecture, let alone between
architectures.

It may well be that this particular ARM processor with 206MHz makes
this machine a faster computer than a particular other computer with a
168MHz MIPS processor, but not just beacuse its number is higher.

Sorry, but I'm a bit allergic to the "my computer has more MHz so it's
faster"-BS.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - here today and in the middle of 2038 tomorrow.
		-- Julian Assange