Subject: Re: selecting a portable platform for netbsd
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2003 09:04:49
On 21.02.03, 01:54:21, Mattias Sandstrom wrote:

> does this mean i won't be able to play mp3's, even with the mad player
> which uses integer math only? this is really the only cpu intensive task i
> will be running. by the way one of my netbsd boxes is a 16 mhz 68030 mac
> without fpu, so i'm fairly used to not having much speed. :-)

It is just fast enough for mp3 playback using mad. But at least in the
z50 the sound quality is truly horrible, it's fluttering very badly.
Maybe this has changed in current, but in 1.6 it's no joy listening to
music.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD short theme, for stickers and tattoos: NetBSD... Bitchin'!
		-- Mason Loring Bliss