Subject: Re: Mobilepro 780 and 790; battery warnings
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: JJ Bonilla <jjbinfor@tiscali.es>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/14/2003 01:19:56
Hi, I have been having a Mobilepro 780 for two weeks and have installed
NetBSD 1,6, has exceeded all my hopes

> 1. Is the hpcmips home page correct in that the Mobilepro 780 does not
> have X support? I am not sure how up to date the list is so I was just
> wondering.
> 2. The Mobilepro 790 supported at all? It is not listed on the hpcmips
> home page.

X system, touchscreen, keyboard, serial port, VGA out, apm battery,
suspension of the machine, work 100 % . Simply perfect.
Not this supported the Irda port. The sound does not work to me, but I
believe that there is drivers. ...???

The Mobilepro 780 (same that Mobilgear II MC/R430 in Japan, that it comes in
the table like totally supported ) and 790 are the same machine except:

M790:    32 Mb RAM; 24 Mb ROM; 16 Mb (14 Mb available) Flash ROM
	(In Flash-ROM you can install the starting program)
M780:    32 Mb RAM; 24 Mb ROM

> 3. My third question is whether there is any kind of warning when the
> battery gets very low? The machine I am wondering about is the
> Mobilepro 770.

In NetBSD the program hpcapm gives messages by console of bateria 50%, 30%
and very low battery

A greeting.