Subject: Re: z50 brightness/contrast/suspend
To: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@milewski.org>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/23/2003 08:45:24
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Aleksandr Milewski wrote:

> I just got NetBSD loaded and running on my z50. I'm running 1.6,
> using the 1.6-z50 fix kernel.
>
> Am I missing something, or is there more work I need to do to get the
> LCD to turn off during suspend? Also, the brightness and contrast
> buttons don't work, and I can't tell if those are supported, or where
> software support for adjusting the screen might lie.

- does the 1.6-z50 kernel have LCD suspend support? i'm not sure... i know
that the 1.5.1-based kernel from greg hughes does though (as well as
support audio)

- using greg's kernel, i adjust brightness/contrast *before* booting
NetBSD (during those few rare seconds that i use [shudder] Windows CE)...

:-)